Parkour, the art of movement!
L’art du Deplacement, Parkour
Based on the spirit challenging the limitation of human capabilities,
Parkour was developed by the Yamakasi group in France in the 1980s.
It is a movement training overcoming the diverse obstacles in the cities
and the natural environment not only physically but also mentally.
- Date：Every Tuesday ~ Friday
- Time : 18:00 on Tuesday and Friday / 19:30 on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday / 14:00 on Saturday and Sunday
- Location：1F Jebi 101 (Sinsa-dong), 33, Gangnam-daero 156-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
A：Jump Training Tuesday 18:00 ~ 19:00
B：Swing & Climbing Friday 18:00 ~ 19:00
C：All Abilities Parkour Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 19:30 ~ 21:00
D : Open Gym Saturday and Sunday 14:00 ~ 17:00
No food is allowed, water bottles/training suits/training shoes must be prepared by individuals
- Refund becomes not available from 3 days before the ticket-usage date
- If a user does not show up after the purchase, it will be counted as a no show: the ticket will be considered to have been used and no refund will apply.
Parkour Coach Profiles
CEO Kim Jiho
- Practiced Parkour for 11 years
- Received the A.D.A.P.T Level 2 certification, an internationally recognized official coach certification
- Received Parkour Fitness Specialist certification
- Received SMRT – Core GRID certification
- Appeared in various media such as movies, TV ADs, and performances
Coach Lee Namsol
- Practiced Parkour for 8 years
- Received the A.D.A.P.T Level 1 – Parkour coach certification
- Stood in for Actor Joo Won for the action scenes of the movie ‘Clocking Out’
- Stood in for Actor Kim Woo-bin for the action scene of the movie ‘The Con Artists’
Parkour Academy Introduction
PARKOUR GENERATIONS KOREA
Parkour Academy Introduction：https://youtu.be/uGxEHFXk6p8
Parkour Academy's Outdoor Classes : https://youtu.be/8dRBBAB352s
Parkour Academy's Indoor Classes : https://youtu.be/xAUvWzPu0Ec
A：Jump Training KRW 25,200
You can intensively learn the jump techniques of Parkour
such as Standing Jump, Running Jump, Stride, Precision Jump, and Plyo Jump.
B：Swing & Climbing KRW 25,200
You can intensively learn the techniques of climbing up high walls
such as Lache, Climb-up, and Wall Run and hanging from a pull-up bar.
Swing and climbing especially require the functional strength of the body
and provide a good opportunity to test your own physical capabilities.
C：All Abilities Parkour KRW 25,200
It is a comprehensive Parkour class for first-timers, beginners, and intermediate & advanced level learners.
Instead of personal technique coaching, the class teaches the themes of the Attributes of Movement
such as the connection, combination, and flow of movement and the Parkour Philosophy
represented by altruism and overcoming of fears.
D : Open Gym KRW 8,640
Open Gym is the self-workout hours when the trainees freely use the Parkour facilities by themselves.
In general, Street Workout or Parkour club members frequently visit for self-training.
They share Parkour technique information or tips, practice together, and build a friendly relationship.
1. What is the strength of Parkour?
First of all, since you need to physically overcome diverse geographic features,
you can equally experience all territories of bodily movement you can get with your bare-hands or body
through climbing, hanging, jumping, and rolling and therefore you can improve the elements of physical strength in a balanced way.
In terms of mentality, while challenging the obstacles, you can overcome the fears during the process and explore yourself.
2. Isn't Parkour dangerous?
If you try to copy the movie scenes and the youtube videos, it is dangerous of course.
That is why coaches are important for Parkour.
We have systematic techniques for safety and training method.
If you actually learn it with the coaches,
you will find it not so dangerous and you are capable of performing it without difficulties.
3. I am a woman. Will I be able to make it? I don't think I can make it because I'm too old.
Parkour is an overall movement training anybody can do.
The life-risking challenges such as jumping between the buildings in the movies are a mere part of Parkour.
While Parkour has fierce and fancy motions like b-boying, there are also a number of elegant motions just like dancing.
Therefore, it is the best exercise anybody can try regardless of gender and age.